1. Why not dig out that old roll of wallpaper you've been saving to repair any damage and roll it out on the floor, give the children, crayons, pens, pencils and let get creative on this huge blank canvas.
2. Make some play dough all you need is 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar a little food colouring if you have it and 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Let the children mix the dry ingredients together and then the adult adds the hot water and mixes it together, knead well and then let the children play, give them cutters, containers, rolling pins, cake tins, etc.. And have fun making models with them.
3. Have an indoor picnic, great fun, make believe you're somewhere hot and sunny, make sandwiches, and snacks for a picnic, look out a blanket and enjoy a picnic in your own front room.
4. Play shops, use your tins and packets, out of the kitchen cupboards, any loose change you have and make your own shop in the house. Loads of fun and you're children will be building on their math and number skills too!
5. Build a den indoors. Chairs, cushions, blankets, the back of the sofa, see what fantastic den youcan build with your children and have fun playing in it with them.
These are just a few ideas, that won't cost you much and you might even have most of the things you need in the house already. You'll find lots of great ideas online, try looking on Pinterest for rainy day activities.
Play, Learn, Have FUN with your children.